If you remain skeptical about cloud computing, the following stats may put any lingering confusion to rest:
- CRN predicts that by 2014 small business spending on cloud computing will reach nearly $100 billion.
- IDC approximates that the market for public cloud products and services are at $16B in 2010 and will expand to $56B by 2014.
- An estimation by Gartner places the cloud market at $150B by 2013, while Merrill Lynch places it at $160B by 2012.
- SandHill recently conducted a survey of 500 IT decision-makers and when asked to name their primary reason for adopting cloud applications, 50% of the respondents cited business agility.
- Enterprise applications will need to adapt to the rapid growth of mobile and social computing, which is unprecedented in the history of technology.
- According to an estimation made by Gartner, the rapid growth of virtualization will mean that 60% of server workloads will be virtualized by 60%.
- Although public cloud infrastructure, applications and platforms are growing at 25%, IDC estimates that the market for enterprise servers will increase two-fold by 2013.
- A recent survey revealed that every enterprise was using a SaaS application, while less than 25% of IT departments were aware that they were using one.
To learn more about cloud computing and how it can benefit your organization, contact Nubifer today.